A while back I wrote about blessings and it was good topic. I’ve since found someone who likes to make it a regular habit. Ann Voskamp of the Holy Experience blog started a Gratitude community and she makes a habit of “counting her blessings” every Monday. I’ve decided to join in because I believe a lot of good can come from it. She initially set a target of finding 1000 things to be thankful for and she has gone past that number. I wonder how long it would take me to get to 1000 things? 6 months? 3 months? I’m going to try it and see. So this is my first Multitude Monday Post. I’m not going to completely abandon Menu Plan Monday but I’ll try to do both whenever I can.
So, for the beginning of my list
- My family – who are all “unwinding” as we spend a lazy two weeks at the beach.
- Rainbow Bay. I’m biased but I think it is one of the most beautiful spots in Australia.
- A new hair colour, foils and haircut. I was pampered today and feel much better for it.
- A solitary swim in a saltwater pool this afternoon. The boys didn’t follow me as expected so I got to float around in the balmy water for an hour on my own.
- Dinner with extended family and friends. This was at the Rainbow Bay Surf Club and I must share what I had – Grilled Snapper on a salad of rocket, olives and Parmesan, on a crispy fried cheesy risotto. It was superb!
- Walking on cool, soft sand looking for the tiny crabs that scuttle toward the light.
- My “puter” and being able to stay in touch with all those who give me strength and support.
And so it begins. I’m going to keep this list in hard copy once I am at home or when I can but a special little book because I think it will be wonderful to look back on in days, weeks and years to come.