What Works For Me 27/365 Follow That BoyPosted: January 27, 2012
I went walking with one of my boys last night – the talkative one, that should keep you guessing! He walked with his spiderman umbrella and talked and talked and talked and I listened and plodded along trying to keep up.
The two take-aways from this are very simple. I need to walk more and listen more. I found out:
– why the new teacher is awesome
– lots of specualtion about what spectacuar earth moving equipment might be used for
– hypotheses about why the state school’s broken slide was now close to the shed
– the theory of how one might improve one’s spelling
– the anxiety about whether the house with the really cool letterbox had been “eliminated” because it would then be impossible to visit the really cook letterbox.
– the way a person might cope if the best mate’s soccer mate comes to school and the best friend and the soccer mate want to play soccer all the time
– the fact that metal drain covers are slippery and that I shouldn’t walk on them unless they have some extra cement on top of them in which case it would be fine
– the projected flood levels on the road we were walking down
– the reasons why people might be out driving in their cars at 7:00pm at night
– the reasons why it might not be a good idea to venture into the part to pick long grass for the guniea pigs when it was dark
– the theory as to why the dead bird was on the footpath outside the school and no kids had squashed it yet
– the method by which someone could get a pair of lace up shoes to hang from a power line and bafflement as to why someone would do that. “Because we couldn’t really afford our shoes could we Mum?” (Words to break my heart!)
– loud questions about why some people STILL had their Christmas lights up. But then maybe they just think they look good.