2009 – The Year That WasPosted: December 27, 2009
I’ve borrowed this idea from the wonderful Ms Fifikins even though I haven’t forgiven her for forgetting certain house guests in her review of 2009!
I think the word for this year is different. And I’m hoping that 2010 will be different in a bigger and better way.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Did a family farm stay in June, resigned from my job in July and visited Cairns for a week in November
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
It was probably something to do with losing weight in which case it hasn’t happened
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister Trish had Luke Robert on January 28
Lorraine gave birth to beautiful Mabel who has the best reasoning behind her name!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I wasn’t really close but Mum’s brother Leo died in July and my cousin’s husband Fintan tragically was struck down by Swine Flu while working in Vietnam and died in September.
5. What countries/states did you visit?
Cairns, Gold Coast
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
a well balanced lifestyle
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July – resigning
November – going to Cairns
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Learning to knit well
9. What was your biggest failure?
Weight loss and general organization
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Some ongoing anxiety and depression, high blood pressure
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My workmates at school who were so supportive of my decision to resign even though it was heart breaking
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The people in the news for hurting others
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and debt
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Knitting. I don’t sound very exciting do I?
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Can’t think of anything right now
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:?
a) happier or sadder?
b)thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
work – both paid and in the home
eating healthy food
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With the family at SIL’s place
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
stayed in love with my boys
22. How many one-night stands?
None! I’ve told you I’m not that exciting LOL!
23. What was your favourite TV program?
All Saints and I’m sad it is finished. Watched lots of episodes of Cold Case and Without A Trace
24. Did you make a friend with anyone that you didn’t know this time last year?
I have knitting friends!
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The fact that Eric can play the piano
27. What did you want and get?
Time to knit and cross stitch
28. What did you want and not get?
A new job
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Julie and Julia
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
39. Can’t remember. Already worrying about the next one!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting stuff done
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
Friends who live too far away…
37. Who was the best new person you met?
MIML – except that he isn’t the “man in my life” but Fiona’s however MIML is his Internet persona
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Everything happens for a reason